BUDGET AND PLANNING MANAGER
My client (FMCG Multi national) is currently searching for a Budget and Planning Manager to join their team in Gauteng.
The role reports to the Finance Director and will oversee brand and accounting financial analysis for the full company and product categories.
You will ensure timeliness and accuracy in budget preparation, prepare and submit financial reports and provide leadership on all aspects of the P&L planning process
- Develop brand P&Ls for financial estimates, the annual budget and trade plans
- Analyze and assess cause and effect relationships relating to price/volume, cost of goods and media/consumer promotion
- Analyze monthly actual vs. financial estimates, identify risks/opportunities and convey understanding to the top management of the company
- Supervise costing, pricing and product hierarchy master data maintenance in SAP
- Prepare necessary reports for monthly / quarterly and year-end closing
- Monitors business performance- share, volume, margin, product cost, spending, gross-tonet, profit- and offers well-timed advice on the best actions to take.
- Works with business leaders to analyze the short and long-term financial consequences
- Reviews the P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, and budget to identify and assess the key factors driving the numbers
- Key player in developing and evaluating business plans and forecasts, paying particular attention to risk and cost/benefit relations
- Ensures compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Examines irregular patterns in reported results to discover and address inaccuracies
- Understands the cash impact of financial transactions in order to provide accurate cash flow forecasts
- Drives cost saving initiatives and business growth strategies.
- Understands the company’s cost structure, how costs are allocated, and can identify key levers to improve cost structure
- Partners with cross-functional colleagues to identify opportunities that can generate revenue, lower costs, reduce risk and improve margins
- Collaborates with business functions to help them find savings, to use their budgets effectively, to maximize income, and achieve budget goals
- Higher Education Degree in Economics and Financial Management
- At least 8-10 years of relevant experience; preferably with a Multinational FMCG company
- Supply Chain Cost Accounting & Control experience
- Must have budget and planning experience
- Ability to discovers ways to leverage tools such as SAP, Google Suites, Google Studio, DOMO and BI for increased effectiveness
- Understands the functionalities within SAP and institutes processes to utilize functionalities to improve o business results.
- Knows the factors that influence pricing, effective spending, and gross-to-net in different retail environments
- Has awareness of factors driving profitability including costs of goods, distribution and selling expenses
- Drives cost saving initiatives and business growth strategies
- Comprehends what it takes to build an equity, balancing both short- and long-term strategic investments
Should you meet the required skills please respond to this advert