One of SA’s leading, independent hotel groups, is looking for a dynamic and experienced mid-level Marketing Rewards / Loyalty Operations Specialist, based in Sea Point, Cape Town
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Marketing Director
Ideal candidate will have the following:
- A background in rewards/loyalty programs - at least 2 years
- Ability to sign up 800 new clients / members to the rewards/loyalty program per month
- Look at the customer database (salesforce) to see when clients book, find trends and then find innovative ways to get the clients to use the program
- Ability to go out and sign-up new partners in the rewards & loyalty program
Duties & Responsibilities
The role contributes to added customer value, a strong brand and increased sales by ensuring a strong customer insight driven Loyalty and CRM function for the Group.
The successful candidate will work towards aligned and cross-functional goals, taking part in driving omni sales performance and customer centricity in all parts of their work, driving customer base growth and lifetime value.
Customer lifetime value drives the Rewards Programme and supports sales 7 marketing linked activities.
- Build or/and maintain a strong customer insight driven loyalty function
- Drive the omni customer acquisition and retention strategy together with the Group Head of Marketing
- Drive the Group strategy for growing Member engagement and retention - ensuring customer base growth and increased lifetime value
- Develop a business growth strategy that aligns to the overall Marketing Strategy as set out by the Group Head of Marketing
- Work cross functionally, aiming to meet and exceed customer expectations to ensure long-term growth
Business Unit Strategy:
- Manage and oversee the execution of the end-to-end CRM strategy for the membership base
- Define the CRM objectives and roadmaps to deliver the CRM strategies in line with key marketing objectives
- Analyse data and customer activity to maximise the revenue opportunities for the Group and the membership base
Rewards Partners Acquisition:
- Source & identify potential Rewards partners who will not only add value to the companies Rewards Programme but also increase revenue for the organisation
- Manage the partner relationships to ensure there is a mutually beneficial relationship between the partner(s) and companies’ Rewards programme
- Identify opportunities to market to the membership base in terms of frequency of use, previous travel selections, propensity to travel and future travel options
- Segmentation of the membership base will be critical to identifying opportunities for campaigns, promotions and specials
- Compile and send regular monthly newsletters and member alerts
Cross Departmental Collaboration:
- Work alongside all relevant departments within the company to understand their needs & wants and convert those requests into marketing and strategic opportunities for the company’s Rewards programme.
- Keep all the departments within the company up to speed in terms of news, marketing campaigns and projects that the Rewards Department are involved in.
- Be the point of contact in terms of assisting the hotels with Rewards information, marketing material and on property collateral
- Reinforces to the hotels that all marketing activities must adhere to brand communication guidelines and standards
- Actively attends hotel strategy planning meetings
- Responsible for managing the Rewards Budget in terms of expenses associated with brand and marketing campaigns and initiatives as well as departmental/program operating expenses.
- Conducts regular market research and analysis on market landscape and competitor analysis, consumer behaviour, media consumption and effective marketing strategies.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date campaign initiative, tracking, and budget data/reports.
- Measures and reports success of campaign performance to stakeholders using relevant tools.
- Applies insights to future marketing activities & campaigns.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or Degree in Marketing / Management
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience with CRM Tools
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Digital Marketing
- Previous experience with Loyalty / Rewards Programme – min 2 years
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience with creating presentations to articulate strategy and performance
- Experience in planning, executing, and delivering business strategies
- A data driven individual who is also commercially minded - able to create dashboards for metrics reporting
- Proficient on all Google Suits
- Strong communication skills
- Pro-active, self-starter and able to get things done