Our Mining client is looking for a IT Manager with vast experience in the mining sector.
Responsible for the efficient management of clients information technology resources in a cost- effective manner and to ensure that the required policies and procedures are in place to minimise IT risk and to ensure business continuity.
Working closely with the business and IT at the corporate office to ensure that clients is using the most up-to-date technology to run the business. Take responsibility for ensuring that the hardware and software used is compatible, secure, and scalable. Manage the network and provide support to the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, or a related field
- At least 3 years’ directly related experience required
- Experience managing on-premises and cloud servers, storage area networks (SAN), and network- attached storage (NAS) devices • Familiarity with our software platforms including Microsoft 365 (e.g., Power BI), and Azure Cloud
- Knowledge or certification on IT Service Management
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to alignment with group IT Strategy by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Develop, establish and maintain required BI reporting systems.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
- Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT organization.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Establish, measure, and define IT goals and maintain an IT roadmap
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
- Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations.
- Create a cost-benefit analysis as well as supporting a detailed definition of data requirements and departmental workflows.