Our client, MULTi, a communication and technology solutions company, has a permanent vacancy for a Tier 2 Service Desk Engineer based in Johannesburg, (Hybrid in office and Remote)
The successful candidate will report to the Service Desk Team Leader
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates who reside in the Johannesburg and surrounding areas will be considered
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolve incidents remotely.
- Load, Setup and Customize software/hardware and install PC’s, Printers, and peripherals.
- Hardware & Software fault diagnoses and problem solving on PC’s Printers and peripherals.
- Fault diagnosis and problem solving.
- Load, setup and provide basic administrative support on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11,
- Load, setup and provide basic administrative support on Server 2008, Server 2012, Server 2016, Server 2019, Server 2022
- Have a basic understanding of VoiP and SIP (beneficial)
- Participate in Customer IT projects.
- Adhere to internal Administration & Operational processes.
- Provide accurate and comprehensive Ticket Notes
- Ensure Documentation is produced and updated as required.
- Participate as part of a team and individually.
- Available to work after-hours if required.
- Ability to identify and escalate incidents accordingly.
- Field Support Line Calls
- Matriculation (Compulsory)
- MCSE or equivalent diploma (Compulsory) MCP (Advantage)
- A+ and N+ (Advantage)
- 2 Years’ Experience in the IT industry. (Desktop Support)
- Desktop Hardware, Software (Microsoft Products) and Windows operating systems. Peripheral installations and fault diagnosis
- Basic Understanding of Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11,
- Basic Understanding of Server 2008, Server 2012, Server 2016, Server 2019, Server 2022
- Basic Understanding of LAN cabling and network topology (Ethernet)
- Basic Understanding of SIP and VOIP (advantage)
- Experience with hardware/software PBX’s (3CX Beneficial)
- CRM/PSA/ticketing system is beneficial
Other Requirements from the employee:
- South African Citizen
- Reliable Transport (Compulsory)
- Fully Bi-Lingual
- Presentable with strong people skills
- Contactable references
- No criminal record and clean credit check
- Must be well organized, have good oral and written communication skills, leadership skills and a commitment to customer service
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal direction
- Ability to handle confidential matters, set priorities, work well under pressure with attention to detail
- Basic between R15 000.00 – R25 000.00 per month
- Medical Aid
- Quarterly KPI bonus
- Retirement Funding