Our client, a stainless-steel products producer has a permanent vacancy for a HR / IR Manager
This is a generalist role and covers Human Resources Operations as well as the Industrial and Employee Relations portfolio
The scope of this role impacts the entire employment life cycle from recruitment to retirement. The successful candidate will take responsibility for the roll out of the HR strategic focus areas on the shopfloor and the consistent application of all HR policies, procedures and labour legislation
In addition, the maintenance of sound relationships with stakeholders such as the labour community, civil society etc will be key focus areas as well as overseeing the representation of the company in all external disputes, conciliations and arbitrations at CCMA / MEIBC
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and provide guidance to a team of HR Professionals and Line Management and give input and direction on all Human Resources matters
- Develop strategies and implement labour relations which include – providing advice to line management regarding HR policies, ensuring consistency of disciplinary code, ensuring effective internal dispute resolution, good employer/union communication and representing the company in eternal disputes at CCMA/MEIBC
- Accountable for managing the decentralised HR operations team and ensuring that the required HR service is provided to line management with respect to all key HR deliverables which include: Recruitment, Remuneration management, sick leave and disability management, implementation of Employment Equity plan and related projects;
- Identify, write, review and update HR Policies as and when required and function effectively as part of the HR / Company Management team.
Education and Experience:
- Post Graduate Degree in Psychology, Industrial Psychology or Human Resources Management.
- Advanced Diploma in Labour Law, Financial Management Diploma, Management Development Programme, etc will be an added advantage
- 10 to 12 years relevant Human Resources experience of which at least 8 to 10 years at Senior Human Resources Practitioner level.
- Working experience within the heavy engineering or mining environment will be advantageous.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft Packages
- Dispute and conflict resolution experience gained from a unionized, multi-cultural environment will be an absolute necessity.
- Management experience will stand the candidate in good stead
Highly competitive salary package on offer